Play this whilst reading.

8 11 2011 8 54 PM by Reid May

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Day in the Life

(Listen to audio here)

I received an email from a friend about her upcoming first art show.

I made bacon and eggs for breakfast, like I have been all week.  I mixed a punk-rock recording I made with a friend of mine on the previous day and sent the mixes to him in an email.  I walked down miles of Ocean Beach with my shoes off.  I noticed more sand dollars than ever in my life.  I saw one that had a pinkish color to it and picked it up and realized it was alive.  It had dozens of little feelers reaching out to grab a hold of something.  I put it back in the sand.  I got back home and watched the second half of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "Rear Window."  I napped a few hours.  I bought a half pint of whiskey and some rolling tobacco and caught the bus to the mission district where the art gallery was.  I met my friend and talked to her about her exhibit.  It was about going through a process, hoping to find something, and finding nothing at all.  I jumped back on the bus to return home.  Between transfers, I urinated in a dark corner between buildings.  I ate left-over pasta, rolled a cigarette and sipped a bit of whiskey on the back porch and watched the fog lurk through the gardens behind people's houses.

I will watch another movie now.  Probably "Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story."

No comments:

Post a Comment